Visa to Georgia
List of countries enjoying a visa-free regime with Georgia unilaterally or bilaterally in compliance with international treaty: Click here.
Countries, whose citizens may enter and stay on the territory of Georgia without visa up to 360 days: Click here.
Foreign citizens of the countries not referred in the above mentioned lists can enter the country and travel by transit through its territory only on the basis of Georgian entry visas.
Georgian visa types - Depending on the trip purpose there are several types of visas:
- Single ordinary visa for 90 days,
- Multiple ordinary visa for 90 days,
- Multiple ordinary visa for 360 days,
- Single or multiple ordinary transit visa.
The visa can be obtained in the Embassy or Consulate of the Republic of Georgia or at the Georgian border: in border points, airport and port of Batumi.
Documents required for obtaining a Georgian visa:
- Applicants’ passport;
- Two 3Х4 colored passport photos;
- Vvisa application form correctly filled and signed by the applicant;
- Consular fee.
The MFA of Georgia makes decision on issuance of visa within 7 days after receiving the documents.
- Single ordinary visa for 90 days - $50,
- Multiple ordinary visa for 90 days - $50,
- Multiple ordinary visa for 360 days - $50,
- Single or multiple ordinary transit visa - $50.
In case if an ordinary visa is issued at a border point, it costs:
- Single ordinary visa for 90 days - 50 GEL,
- Multiple ordinary transit visa for 90 days - 60 GEL,
- Multiple ordinary transit visa for 360 days - 100 GEL,
- Single ordinary transit visa - 10 GEL
- Multiple ordinary transit visa - 20 GEL.
Full fee is to be paid for children.
* Visa fees for the citizens of Russia is 50 GEL (approximately $30), transit visa (no more than 72 hours) is 10 GEL. Visa fee should be paid in the bank branch directly at the border point (the payment commission is 1.5 GEL).
Georgian customs requirements
The following items can be imported duty free:
- 200 cigarettes;
- 3 l of wine;
- 10 l of beer;
- Personal Possessions up to 100 kg;
- Imported goods weighing over 20 kg are taxed in GEL for each kilogram.
Import of the following is prohibited:
- Illegal drugs and medicaments;
- Weapons, explosives and ammunition shall be supported by the permission;
- Knives and other deadly weapon;
- Pornographic materials;
- Items of national importance shall be supported by the permission;
- Plants and animals.
- Any animals require veterinary health certificate;
- All personal medicines shall be supported by doctor’s prescription, to avoid being detained by customs authorities;
- Cats, dogs and other domestic animals require veterinary health certificate;
- Works of art, imported to, or exported from the country require a photo of each item and permission signed by the Ministry of Culture;
- Hunting weapon is allowed to be imported, if the traveler has a valid Georgian license to shoot.
Visa to Georgia - Useful Links:
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Georgia - mfa.gov.ge
Civil Registry Agency - cra.gov.ge