Svaneti - amazing land on the southern slopes of the Greater Caucasus, which is an exceptional example of the combination of mountain scenery with medieval-type villages and defensive towers. Surrounded by 3 000-5 000 meter mountain peaks, Svaneti is the most highly populated area located in Europe.
Upper Svaneti is included in the UNESCO World Heritage List.
You will explore:
- Majestic mountains (4 of 10 highest mountain peaks of the Caucasus are located in this region)
- Views of Mount Shkara (5201 m), the highest mountain in Georgia
- Мountain rivers
- Unique Svan towers and medieval stone houses
- Identity, traditions and character of the mountain people - Svans
- Traditional dishes of Svan cuisine, made from local produce
- Ushguli - the highest settlement in Europe (UNESCO Heritage)
- Temple of Lamaria; Summer residence of Queen Tamar
- Inguri Dam- Reservoir of unique beauty
- Splendid ancestral palace of Mingrelian dukes-Dadiani-known for kinship with Napoleon Bonaparte!