TYPE: Tours around Adjara
DURATION OF THE TOUR: 2 days
PRICE PP: 95 $
START POINT: Batumi
WALKING DISTANCE: 32 km, medium complexity
DURING THE EXCURSION YOU WILL VISIT:
- The ruins of the ancient historical city-fortress Petra (VI c.AD). Historically this territory was the settlement place of one of the Kartvelian tribes - Lazes. The Byzantine Emperor Justinian built a city here because of the unique military-strategic and trade-economical location. The city was crossed by the essential road connecting Western Georgia, Byzantine provinces, Iran and Armenia. Navigation was also very well-developed.
- Kintrishi Protected Areas are located in the breathtaking gorge of the Kintrishi, on 2.500 m above the sea level and cover the Kintrishi Strict Nature Reserve (10.703 ha) and Kintrishi Protected Landscape (3.190 ha).Most of the territory is occupied by mountains and gorges. Here flow the rivers Kintrishi and Kheknara Vegetation of Kintrishi protected areas is biologically diversified and is rich in such species of the Colchis flora as: Eastern beech, chestnut, Eastern spruce, Medvedev birch, black alder, elm, ash, Caucasian persimmon, mountain maple, relict rhododendron ungernii, etc. The main area, about 92% (12.850 ha) is covered with forest. In terms of fauna, the following animals can be found in the Kintrishi Protected Area: chamois, roe, bear, jackal, wolf, lynx, marten, badger, squirrel and many others.
- Long Tees - relict species of the Tertiary period, included in the Red Book of Georgia. Tis the only among the pine trees, the fruits of which are not cones. Age yew, which you will see, is about 20-30 centuries.
- The ruins of the Church of St. Nino (VIII-IX century).
- "Tbikeli" Lake is located on 1.900-2.000 m above the sea level and is fed by precipitation, ground water and melted snow. The maximum depth of the lake is 8-10 meters. Caucasian triton - the aquatic species included into the Georgian "Red List" - can only be found in "Tbikeli". The distance from the church to the lake is 14 km.
- Best period: from 1st June to 1st November
- Wear sports
- Do not forget change of clothes
- A flashlight will be useful
- Take a sufficient amount of water
- Spray for insects and sun protection, trekking poles will be useful
- Appropriate physical training
THE TOUR PRICE INCLUDES:
✔ Qualified guide-instructor
✔ Entrance tickets
✔ Tent, sleeping bag, foam
WE FULLY ORGANIZE FOR YOU UNFORGETTABLE, FULL OF EMOTIONS AND ADVENTURES TOUR, AND FROM YOU WE REQUEST:
- Good mood
- Free time