TYPE: Wine tours
DURATION OF THE TOUR: 1 day
PRICE PP: 55 $
START POINT: Tbilisi
Since the ancient times Georgia is considered to be one of the birthplace of viticulture and the origin of grapevine. Without exaggeration, we can say that the vine and human were born in the land of Georgia at the same time. In Georgia, wine and vine are idealized; they are presented in architecture, folklore, poetry and culinary culture. Fertile land of Georgia, burning sun, the mild climate and restless, purposeful work preserved us 450 native grape varieties. The most famous from them are Rkatsiteli, Saperavi, Mtsvani (or Mtsvane), Alexandrouli, Tsolikauri, Tetra, Mujuretuli, Ojaleshi, Usakhelauri, Tavkveri, Asuretuli, etc. The motherland to most of them is the fertile region Kakheti.
DURING THE ROUTE YOU WILL SEE:
- Monastery in Bodbe (first half of IV century). The relics of St. Nino, who has brought Christianity to Georgia in 337, are shrined there. There is an amazing view on Alazani Valley and snow-capped magnificent peaks of Caucasian Mountains from the monastery. Not far from the monastery you can find a spring, famous for its healing quality. Many pilgrims swim here and believe that after doing so they will be released from ailment.
- Signagi - "a town of love", which was built by King Erekle's order in XVIII century on the mountain. The town is surrounded by fortress wall with 28 towers. Construction of houses and buildings are presented in the style of South-Italian classicism with Georgian elements.
- In the historical-ethnographic museum paintings of well-known Georgian painter Niko Pirosmani are presented, as well as exhibits from the V millennium BC until the XIX century.
- Numisi wine cellar, which is located in the village of Velistsikhe, which has 1,500 years of history. In the cellar besides wine production devices , a permanent exhibition is opened, which consist of the stored clay, glass, copper and wooden utensils of different eras, as well as other items. Wine cellar belongs to the feudal era. During the inspection of the museum you will be able to taste the wine and to get acquainted with Georgian traditions.You will also have a Kakhetian lunch at Velistsikhe.
THE TOUR PRICE INCLUDES:
✔ Qualified guide
✔ Wine tasting
✔ Entrance tickets
WE FULLY ORGANIZE FOR YOU UNFORGETTABLE, FULL OF EMOTIONS AND ADVENTURES TOUR, AND FROM YOU WE REQUEST:
- Good mood
- Free time
- Distribution of information