TYPE: Wine tours
DURATION OF THE TOUR: 1 day
PRICE PP: 55 $
START POINT: Tbilisi
Since the ancient times Georgia is considered to be one of the birthplace of viticulture and the origin of grapevine. Without exaggeration, we can say that the vine and human were born in the land of Georgia at the same time. In Georgia, wine and vine are idealized; they are presented in architecture, folklore, poetry and culinary culture. Fertile land of Georgia, burning sun, the mild climate and restless, purposeful work preserved us 450 native grape varieties. The most famous from them are Rkatsiteli, Saperavi, Mtsvani (or Mtsvane), Alexandrouli, Tsolikauri, Tetra, Mujuretuli, Ojaleshi, Usakhelauri, Tavkveri, Asuretuli, etc. The motherland to most of them is the fertile region Kakheti.
DURING THE ROUTE YOU WILL SEE:
- Gremi as a town was a capital of Kingdom of Kakheti in XVI-XVII centuries. Complex consists of the church of Archangel, bell-tower, three-storey palace and wine cellar. Complex is surrounded by wall; remains of secret underway are preserved, which was leading to the river. In the suburbs of the monastery famous wines and brandies are produced.
- Nekresi monastery, one of the most ancient churches on the territory of Georgia, which was built in IV century and founded by one of the Thirteen Assyrian Fathers-Abibos of Nekresi. Functioning monastery is known for its examples of Georgian wall-paintings. The monastery wine warehouses are worth of seeing.
- Kvareli Lake - is located in the heart of Kakheti, beneath the southern slope of Great Caucasus mountains and surrounded by the virgin forest. You will have an opportunity to enjoy the panorama of Greater Caucasus and view of beautiful lake, and also take a boat tour.
- Kindzmarauli Marani Wine Factory - one of the largest wine factories on the territory of Kakheti. It is located in the centre of Kvareli Town and is the main producer of famoussemi-sweet wine Kindzmarauli. Excursion in "Kindzmarauli Marani" vineyard, winery and chacha factory. The territory of the factory has the collection of the ancient indigenous grape varieties of 420 species. The excursion is accompanied by an experienced agronomist.
THE TOUR PRICE INCLUDES:
✔ Qualified guide
✔ Wine tasting
✔ Entrance tickets
WE FULLY ORGANIZE FOR YOU UNFORGETTABLE, FULL OF EMOTIONS AND ADVENTURES TOUR, AND FROM YOU WE REQUEST:
- Good mood
- Free time
- Distribution of information